Saturday, July 17, 2010

Modified Tropical Turnover


This quilt is called Modified Tropical Turnover and is made with one Capachino Bali Pop of 40 strips of matching fabrics. It is basically just a half log cabin put together on point with setting triangles around the edges. I did have to buy a matching fabric for the triangles as they were bigger than could be cut from the strips. I love the 3D effect it gives you so much I've already cut out the pieces for another one, only this next one will be made from the Kiwiberry Bali Pop fabrics (mostly blues and greens). I may work on it a bit at the upcoming quilting retreat.

A couple months ago I purchased a quilting design software for my computer which allows me to be all kinds of creative in my quilt making. I really love designing my own quilt designs and I am making them available for sale as soon as I get a sample of each one made and get them all organized. I already have about 35 new patterns designed so this will take awhile, but this one is done and can be purchased for $10 if you are interested. Just email me at Arlayne.West@mchsi.com and I will let you know how to go about purchasing it.






No comments:

Post a Comment